Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lake Isle of Sri Petaling

So I told you about my six months without my parents but I didn't tell you about the fun times that I shared with all my friends during it.For some this might just be my life without much for them but it is peaceful,fun and warming for me hence the title of this post Lake Isle of Sri Petaling which is copied from my favourite school english poem Lake Isle of Innisfree in which the author seeks peace and warmness.No I'm not talking about the fish pond near the Sri Petaling school I'm talking about the closeness of friendship and Gods wonderful gift of friendship and love.The six months for me was 40%Weng Kit hanging out with me and my brother all the time,20%futsal buddies most of the time Benjamin,Brandon and Ah Ping,another 20% in daniel's car hanging out with cendol,and the last 20% with all my church friends,pastors and teachers.

The one that makes me smile the most is waking up in the morning hearing someone playing the playstation outside the room. Once I hear the sound of race cars I can tell Weng Kit was there.Always glad that he came and han out with us.Ive known him since I was born and we all grew up including weng fei playing together.Then Weng Fei grew up and we hang out less but he still drove us everywhere.So the remainder was Me,my bro and Weng Kit.During the six months he was came to visit and stay with us at our aunts house .We would have breakfast then walk to carrefour which is very near our house.Laughing,talking,singing and me chasing my brother while we walk to the shopping complex.Once there we would either go to the arcade up there and weng kit and my bro would race DAYTONA and I watch trying to act like an expert whos too good for the game.Sometimes we would skip breakfast and go have a mamak thats satisfying and cheap at carrefour at the boat area .Then we would go CC.My bro and weng kit would play the games there and I would watch Youtube(its because connection at home terrible and slow because were using my phone to go online) most of the time oldies.I just love watching beatles and the hui brothers movies.We have the funniest laughs and greatest times hanging out in carrefour.Other times we would take the train which is close to my aunts apartment(bukit jalil station) to Tasik Selatan and take KTM to mid valley or sometimes to Times Square.Usually my bro would go to those places on a date with girls and me and weng kit follow as funny bodyguards.Weng Kit dont always meet friends there but the arcade at mid valley and times square is his sanctuary usually he spend the whole day there only joining us when we watch movies together then go back to the arcade.While I walk by myself hanging out in MPH(my arcade) reading on beatles books that I wish I could by but could only read.I would sit on the floor at the profiles and biography side where nobody goes and read,read....read some more...and read.Sometimes I buy but my budget is RM30-below which is very hard to find in MPH.Then I would have lunch at McDonalds most of the times with Weng Kit,very little with my bro and the girl his with and one time joined by a group of teenage strangers one guy around 16 two girls around his age but it was because that time McDonalds was full and no more seat but throughout that time I was grabbing on my wallet and food so no one takes it away.Cliff,Me and Weng Kit seem to show different characters at some times but looking back it all seem like a comedy movie.Cliff always hanging out with girls with a smooth seemingly cool character always getting his way,weng kit the wise ,gangster looking guy with his witty and funny words and me the kid who seems to make everyone around laugh and always the funny,bad luck one like the time i tried speaking cantonese with a waitress and ended up ordering food that I dont think was food and constantly getting in trouble in a funny way that I laugh back thinking.But it was all worth it.Weng Kit's memory in us is always big from having lunch at carrefour with soya bean to having dinner by ourselves at Carrefour it all seems meaningful.

Then theres my futsal side of the good times.The futsal sessions of praising and yelling at each other.Then theres the after sessions of collecting money,joking,talking,sharing,playing skills and drinking................coca-cola and 100 plus.But there was still more than that.I remeber the best time was when we sit in Benjamin's car while the song Is This Love by Bob Marley is played with the car windows down and volume set to highest and the whole futsal strangers look at us while we drive slowly laughing.One time after futsal me,my bro and weng kit went to Ju Ping's house and it was really late so we decided to go have Pan Mee with Benjamin and Brandon at around 9.00 at the time in Serdang and that was the best I ever had thats why we always talk about Pan Mee and Sour Lime Juice.We kept asking for more anchovies or also known as Ikan Billis(my favourite snack) and sambal.That memory is sticking with me like glue until now.Even during the farewell party they came and gave us meaningful advise and I really thank you guys for all the memories,praises,and fun times we use to have.I remember jamming with joel,Ju Liang and Uncle Richard at Ju Liang's house.It was really a memorable time which I learned alot of new things.Those sessions really influenced me in a way.So thanks guys.

There was also the fun times with church friends like the trip to sunway lagoon where me and my friend got to hang out which I'm still thinking about and also all the fun rides at that place.Then theres also Daniel and his car.But seriously Daniel was a big part for me and my bros memory.I'm sure its part of weng kit's too.I remember one time when there was a heavy rain on a sunday and we were all craving for cendol.So we had it in the car.So I suppose in a way we invented eating cendol in the car and from that day onwards we had most of our cendol sessions in the car.The whole bowl of cendol seem to taste different in an air conditioned car.Then ofcourse the time we went to his boss church and spent hours in the car which is the memory of all memories.We had the most fun time.So thanks Daniel for helping us have a great six months and thanks Myvi and also thanks to the indian cendol people.

Before I end this I would like to thank you all and have a good day.I will see you end of this year!

No comments: