Friday, November 14, 2008

Food I Remember!!!

Lately I have been thinking about some Malaysian food. You guys may think you know how some food should taste but here I would introduce to you to some food that are so tasty that it can change your daily eating life.
Char Siew Pao (Ipoh)
Siew Lin seems to enjoy this a lot.Hope this post would be help her find the best char siew pao. The best CSP comes from Ipoh.I can't remember which part. But there is one special restaurant there that specializes in char siew pao. My dad tells me that every morning the restaurant is packed with people just to get some of thier char siew pao. Everytime my dad goes to Ipoh he would buy three boxes of char siew pao back. The best part of the char siew pao is the stuff in it. It has a stronger char siew smell and the outer layer is extremely tasty. Soft with just the perfect moisture needed to create the best char siew pao.

Char Siew ( Restoran Sek Yuen)Pudu.Next to the LRT station.
This restaurant is located in KL. It is a very old shop. Built in 40s. My family has been eating there for a long time. It is so old that when you step inside the Restaurant, you feel like you just went back to the 50s. In it there's an old record player playing classic songs. Anyways the Char Siew there is the best in Malaysia.When you bite on it you instantly feel the crispiness. The char siew doesn't come with sauce but the meat itself packs its own flavor.It is definitely the finest Char Siew in Malaysia. Other than that, when you are there please try the Roast Duck as well and most importantly the fried chicken wings which is also one of their finest dishes.

Roast Duck. (Restoran Wei Kei)Pudu.
First tried it when I was around 8-9 years old. When I first tried duck. I was actually afraid to try it but when I took that first bite. I was hooked for life. You have to try this persons duck. He actually went on TV before. In 8TV because of the roast duck he served. Usually when you eat roast duck the skin would be very fat. The cool thing with Wei Kei's Duck is you can actually slice all the fat of from the skin. It would still be crispy and the duck meat has a great taste only Wei Kei have. I believe it is the spices he uses on the duck.The person who chops the duck is also the chef. He use to work in a big shop in Pudu but now has moved to a hawker stall in a market in Pudu, where all the bus stop. The bus place is all I remember as well as an indoor market. My dad calls him Wei Zai. He is so focused on his job that he actually went to China to find better duck eggs so he could make better tasting duck. He succeeded.I consider his duck the best in the world. By the way, his parents came from Lo Wu, Hong Kong. This meant that his duck recipe is actually passed down by his parents from Hong Kong!! the place with the best roast stuff.

Well that's all for now. Good Luck to VBS helpers, teachers, musicians,and other people involved. GO BOYS GO GIRLS!!!!!

No comments: