Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Game In The League...

Haven't been blogging like I use to lately. Recently life has been rather topsy turvy for me. Not only did things went wrongly but my life seem to be pushing me a little too hard. I thought after coming to Australia all the challenges I wen't through was gone. Like the climax of a story book just went and happy endings come. But no I was enjoying it then BANG...all these challenges and troubles comes to me again. Thanks to some post by Jeffery on his blog that was so interesting I decided to post about the joys in life again :)))) So heres a post about a game of futsal here in Australia. My team and I played recently. It came be considered our best and worst game.
First GAME.

NSFY(my team) vs Kew Boys. Ivanhoe League
The game started well with us maintaining position. First off all in my team our players were Clifford-Striker,Tony-MidFielder/Defender, Macca-Defender, Eugene-Striker and me as goalie. We played excellently with Eugene scoring the first one hitting the keeper but went in and a second goal by my bro we played well with leading 4 goals. Then suddenly Kew Boys started playing harder shots came and I made one diving save and one save with my knee. They had a free kick and I saved it by hitting it away with my lap on the floor. But one of the players came and shot a quick one that hit the tip of my gloves and wen't in. A few minutes later a player had a near one on one with me and I slided it away cleanly without contact with the player. But referee said that was a foul many players disagreed. So it was a penalty. Roughly five steps away from the goal. 14 year old keeper (me) against Kew Boys best leg. Ref blows his whistle and I noticed that his direction is trying to attack my left. So I took a step front and leaned to my right. The ball hit both my feet and went off. Everyone was surprised. First time a penalty saved in the league!!!!!!! Match then progressed well but because of a slight defender mistake they got the ball and shot it in. But in the second half only one goal got in and we scored another three goals. With the last one being a corner in the last ten seconds scored by Tony. So we won 7-3

No comments: